Official servers' guidelines
Conan Exiles has thousands of official servers across several platforms and regions. These come with certain rules and strict enforcement.
By playing on an official server you are expected to follow the guidelines below. Support will do their best to honor these guidelines.
Please read through and consider the spirit of the guidelines, not the specific wording.
We reserve the right to modify these rules. We will notify players in advance of any changes.
Official Server Building Restrictions
Please remember that other players share the server with you. Do not restrict access to unique or high-value in-game content.
Specific cases that represent unique, high-value content or behavior that prevents other players’ gameplay:
- Blocking of content in the game, such as dungeons, obelisks, lore stones, recipes, resources, unique NPCs, and other areas of the game.
- Abuse of the claim system where blocks are placed for no other purpose than to prevent other players’ access to resources and building spots.
Please also check out our documentation about Land Claim Abuse on Official Servers for more information.
- Constructions leading to loss of performance both on client and server side.
- Blocking or Walling in other players’ bases.
- Using land claim rules to prevent the expansion of another player’s base when not adjacent to your own base.
Objectionable and inappropriate content
We will not tolerate:
- Offensive, discriminatory, and defamatory chat and user-created content of racial, sexual, hateful, illicit, or of other nature. This extends to character names, guild names, in-game signs, and so on.
- Terrorist and criminal glorification. This extends to character names, guild names, in-game signs, and so on.
- Personal threats, doxing, stalking.
- Doxing is to search for and publish private or identifying information about a particular individual on the internet.
- If another player has made you feel unsafe in this way, be sure to contact your local authorities for further instructions.
- Impersonation of Funcom employees or staff.
Hacks and Exploits
Hacks and exploits are not tolerated.
Hacks are uses of third-party programs that inject code and modify aspects of the game to provide an unfair advantage against other players. Utilizing such will lead to action taken against your game license, not just your access to official servers.
Exploits are uses and abuses of game mechanics to obtain an unfair advantage over other players including creating a detrimental play experience through reduced server or game performance.
It is possible for an account in the event of a purchase error or chargeback. If your account becomes locked, please contact Customer Support through our [Help Center](https://funcom.zendesk.com).
|Infraction Type||First Suspension Length|
|General Verbal Harassment (Non-Discriminatory)||5 Days|
|Discriminatory Harassment, Hate Speech, Bigoted language, out-of-game threats, etc.||Permanent Ban|
|Building Harassment (Objectionable Content, Server Performance Impact)||7 Days|
|Content Blocking||7 Days|
|Land Claim Spam||7 Days|
|Unintended Use of Gameplay Mechanics (aka Exploits)||14-30 Days based on Severity|
|Illicit Use of 3rd Party Software (aka Hacking)||Permanent Ban|
- We issue temporary suspensions to deter players from repeating infractions. Any further infractions will result in a longer suspension up to a permanent, non-appealable ban from the official servers.
Reporting an infraction
To report players, clans, or specific exploits on any of our official servers, please contact us through the in-game “Request Help” feature or via our [Help Center](https://funcom.zendesk.com) by selecting ‘Report a Player’ as the type of issue. Our team will reply to you using the email provided.
Please make sure you provide the most relevant information you can at the time of your report. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Official Server ID
- Picture of map marking the location of the infraction
- Videos with Timestamps
- Names of characters
- Names of clans
- A complete description of the issue
The more information and details you provide, the more quickly and efficiently we can conduct our investigation. Submitting your report in an incomplete state may result in delays.
We are not able to refund or return any loss of property caused by an infraction.
Customer Support does not suspend or ban players without directly investigating the server. For each report we receive, we try to collect as many reports as possible from the specified server and investigate each report individually and hold reports of each type to the same standards. This helps us to maintain context for how play is developing on the server. It allows us to take a broader and more holistic approach to how we apply suspensions and bans.
Everyone is welcome to submit a ticket and report an infraction. However, be mindful that all reports are thoroughly investigated on a case-by-case basis.
Submitting a report with false or intentionally misleading information will result in a warning and the report being rejected at our sole discretion. Repeatedly submitting false or misleading reports may result in further disciplinary action.
Information on suspensions and bans
If you are unaware of the reason for a suspension or ban, please attempt to access any of our official servers. You will be prompted with the reasoning for suspension/ban and the duration.
BattlEye bans are not managed by Support or able to be appealed through Funcom Support. If you have a BattlEye ban, contact BattlEye through their support channel: https://www.battleye.com/support/
Temporary suspensions are not open to appeal.
Permanent Bans are open to appeal through our [Help Center](https://funcom.zendesk.com). Select ‘Ban Appeal’ as the type of issue. Please provide relevant information such as character names, servers you’ve played on, and clans you were part of.